- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dried mango
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Mix melted chocolate into one half; stir in miniature chips. Mix mango, pistachios and orange zest into remaining half of dough.
- Line an 8×4-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap, letting ends extend over sides. Press half of the chocolate dough onto bottom of pan; top with half of the mango dough. Repeat layers.
- Lifting with plastic, remove dough from pan; fold plastic over dough to wrap completely. Refrigerate dough in pan until firm, 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in.-thick slices; cut each slice crosswise into thirds. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
1 cookie: 104 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.